Monday, March 02, 2009

Shellie, Samantha and Richard will love this

Casey and I were all set for our Friday night 'date night' this past weekend. Whether we go out somewhere or not (and it's usually 'not' because we can't often afford a babysitter), Friday night is the designated night for us to spend extra time together. When we're at home, that basically means we're watching a movie. But we try to have some special snacks planned, and here and there Casey has surprised me with a special treat or gift.

So, Friday night's movie was Batman Begins. Even though we've seen it already, this was the blu-ray version. I don't have to have all the fancy-shmanciness, but Casey is excited about his new blu-ray movies, player, etc. Okay, so I'm looking forward to watching The Dark Knight again...that movie rocks. So we were sitting on the couch, where I was finishing up a late dinner. I can't remember what it was, but it involved lots of crumbs being left on my plate. Because I was sitting there with my husband, I saw no need to hide the fact that I was going to pick up said crumbs from the plate with my tongue. As I'm doing this, I suddenly realize I'm being watched. I look up at Casey, who looks back at me and says, "I just got a glimpse of the nursing home years."

Needless to say, I laughed for a very long time and could hardly catch my breath. I have to admit, the guy can be pretty funny.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tracey,

My Kerry is a nurse at the Merkel Nursing Center, do you want me to reserve rooms for the future?

Samantha

tracey said...

Yes, please! I think you should reserve at least four right by each other, don't you? =)

Elisa B said...

You have to admit, it IS funny!

I always tell Lewis I will gladly feed him applesauce and wipe his drool in our old age. :)

Shellie said...

I did laugh heartily! I hope we will all have a nice respite at a nursing home one day. Thanks for making my day!

tracey said...

E ~ Oh yeah, it's hilarious. And I love what you tell Lewis! =)

Shell ~ That was perfect...and I think if we're all together, it will definitely be interesting! =)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you're trying to get us believe that you only did this because it was just Casey there. I've seen you do this in restaurants!

-Richard

tracey said...

I love you too, Richard. =)

Syndi said...

Hilarious! We need to have a "family" reunion!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...