Monday, August 21, 2006

Races that are amazing and birthday wishes

Miles is asleep. Junebug, the cat, is roaming somewhere in the house. Casey is at the student center ('headquarters' of our campus ministry) playing Phil, the host of The Amazing Race. My husband being a campus minister, and today being the first day of classes...well, this is quite a busy time for him. But the first week is soooo much fun. We call it 'Disorientation Week' and have a different activity for the students every day. Today they are playing our version of The Amazing Race, in which teams have had to drive to several of our church elders' houses and perform a task, and they came to our house as well, where they had to -- and this made me a little nervous -- start a fire and make it burn through a string above the fire to receive their next clue. It was a lot of fun watching all of the running around, and not just because the rain was perfectly timed to start just as the first team arrived. I wished that I could have been on one of the teams, going to each house and doing these silly, crazy things...maybe next year.

With all that has been going on lately, I completely forgot to note that my blog passed its second birthday nine days ago! So, a happy and a healthy to Trace Talks. I am really wanting to dig in and catch up on all of my favorite blogs out there (I have a HUGE list of them in my bookmarks), but so far I have read maybe one or two posts. Ah, the life of a new mommy!

3 comments:

Leah Maria said...

I'm so glad ya'll allowed us to have one of the task at your house. The rain was perfect timing--still surprise they actually got the "fires" going.

Unknown said...

I missed it last night I had class. :( See ya 2night at Sardis Hopefully.

Sarah said...

Happy 2nd, Tracey!

Yeah, sometime we need to catch up. While you were going through your craziness, we had a little of our own... I'll have to tell you about it soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...