Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Sharing

I might not get to post over the Thanksgiving break, so I thought I'd leave a quick message...

I really don't talk much about painful (physical) stuff, mostly because I like to keep things here light, but I will say that throughout the weeks I have occasionally experienced some pretty bad abdominal pain. I was trying to figure out if this was pregnancy stuff or just Behcet's stuff, but ended up deciding with my internist that it was probably the combination of taking baby aspirin (which I was instructed to take by my OB for various reasons) and prednisone. So...I stopped taking the prednisone! That led to several days of 'okay-ness' followed by a day of 'Okay, I have to take it today' but since then I still haven't taken it. It's really my decision, and I'm trying to keep the meds low. Sometimes the side effects are worse than the symptoms. Crazy world, but there you have it.

Not sure why I'm sharing all of that, but I guess it's just what came out when I began typing. Hope I'm not worrying anyone, because I'm really okay...just dealing with those aches and pains of life. I find that I'm becoming more attached to this baby that I don't really know, and I will suffer through what I must to get to meet him or her someday.

Everyone have a safe and happy holiday!

5 comments:

Lori said...

Tracey, thanks for letting us know how you are doing. I'll be praying for you over the next few days. (OK, I probably won't quit praying after that but anyway...) Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Oh, and by the way, I am thankful for a friend like you!

tracey said...

Thanks so much for the prayers, Lori. You are so sweet! I'm thankful for you as well...so neat that we can be friends without actually having met face to face. Maybe someday! =)

Sarah said...

I'm praying for you, Tracey! You're a brave woman & I look up to you! I'm SUCH a wimp about pain and I know that you're one of those people who face it every day as another fact of life. :( It will all be worth it when you meet Munchkin though, I promise! :)

Jolene said...

Hi Tracey!! Thanks for sharing... I can just imagine the daily decisions you have to make regarding your meds. I understand. =( And I'm praying that God's grace will be sufficient for you these 9 months and after!

tracey said...

Thank you Sarah and Jolene!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...