Friday, October 28, 2005

More dreams plus pumpkin fun

In case anyone is keeping count, last night I had a dream about a baby boy. So, that's one dream that we're having a girl, and one that we're having a boy. In this dream, though, I had already had the baby -- and boy was he a cutie! It is hard to imagine that I could be having these dreams for thirty...more...weeks.

This weekend, Casey and I will be carving a pumpkin. Believe it or not, this is the first time I have ever carved a pumpkin. I don't even think I have picked out a pumpkin before, but we found a beauty! Seriously, it's picture-perfect. I printed out a stencil from a 'create-your-own pumpkin face' sort of thing, which was lots of fun, and when we're done we'll set it on the porch and probably set a candle inside on Monday evening. I think my family just didn't take part in all the usual American traditions when I was growing up -- either that or it was hard to find pumpkins in West Texas...hmm...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like fun! Believe it or not, I've never carved a pumpkin before.

Sarah said...

Maybe...its twins! One girl and one boy! I have a strong belief that most mothers know what their children are.... I knew mine were twins, and I had a boy feeling, then I knew Trinity was a girl for sure.

Ruth said...

well .. I am glad I didnt put much meaning into my dreams when I was pregnant.. I dreamed I had triplets.. three beautiful babies, all with black hair, all of them were gradually smaller than the next.. only problem was.. they were all labador retrevers.. yes.. In my dream i gave birth to three black labs! crazy thing was .. in my dream.. joel was jumping up and down screaming.. "OH.. just what I wanted!" .. Me and My dreams.. oh.. we just cant talk about that.. I have weird dreams.. always have .. guess I always will.. probably should write a book about them.. hum..of course there is not much interest in huge (when I say huge I mean the size of a toilet) fat green beetles living as pets in peoples backyards is there..
anyway.. tracey.. hopefully it wont be puppies!

tracey said...

Marita, you should give it a try!

Sarah, eeks! Well, I don't think it's twins, but I have had stronger feelings about it being a boy. I just never know if those 'feelings' for me are true.

Ruthie...puppies? The thing about Joel just cracks me up. I'm sure he's happier with the kids, though. =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...