Friday, September 16, 2005

Yarns abound!

Casey and I went out to dinner last night to celebrate our four-year dating anniversary (which is actually today, but we can't make tonight work). The very short version of our story really begins with 9/11, that horrible-crazy day. We took a long walk around campus and then went to IHOP. I ate all my food, and our waitress called me 'Miss Piggy'. No joke. Five days later, September 16, we took another walk around campus together, but this time we stopped to have a long talk about starting a relationship. At about 4 a.m. we visited IHOP again (different waitress this time, whew!) and talked until 7 a.m. Less than one year later we were married. I said it was the short version!

Before dinner last night, we visited Walmart to pick up some odds and ends, and I got to pick up my yarns to start knitting for Katrina victims! I was soooo excited to get started, but by the time we got home I was just exhausted. I did knit one leg for a teddy bear pattern (
Cloths For Katrina is taking soft baby toys as well), but that's as far as I got. Hopefully I'll do lots of knitting this weekend.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...