Thursday, September 15, 2005

It's nice, isn't it?

So many people are doing so many wonderful things to help those in need after that horrific storm named Katrina. It really fills my heart to see such willingness in all people, young and old, working and sweating to lift the burdens of others. God made us to help others, not ourselves. And have you ever noticed just how good it feels when you do something, any small thing, for another human being? Satisfaction from self-fulfillment lasts mere moments, while stepping outside oneself to help your fellow man can last lifetimes. I promise that I am preaching this all to myself. I am looking for ways to help, knowing that my body with its chronic pain will not endure a long physical cleanup trip, such as the one our campus ministry is planning in the next few weeks. Casey and I have decided that it is best for me to stay home that weekend. That is frustrating, especially at my age, but I can still do something, and I have already found ways to help at Cloths For Katrina. I am excited to get going on my projects! Now my body can still get its rest, but at the same time I will be able to make something with my own hands that can benefit others.

May God bless all the work you are doing to help these victims!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...