Friday, June 10, 2005

Isn't it too cute how our names rhyme?

Sarah mentioned something about wanting to hear about the anniversary festivities, and I thought I would go ahead and write about that, although I am warning you that it may be boring! I just thought I would give a different view other than the hundreds of "I love you's" that were displayed a couple of days ago. I guess that's the hopeless romantic in me, but when I see it in others I ask Casey, "Why does it look so silly when other people are like that?" And I'm not going to argue whether the Cruise-Holmes thing is real love or just a publicity stunt. I just know that I've said things to people about Casey being "so cute" and getting all dreamy-eyed, and I'm hoping that it is not a sickening thing. It's just...that I adore him.

Okay, anyway. The anniversary "festivities" have mostly been about food. Casey and I visited a restaurant downtown for the first time the other night called Boure'. We also got quite dressed up, something I haven't done in a while to go out to eat. It made me feel fancy -- a good fancy. Is there a bad fancy? Hmm. Anyway, if you're really into details, I had the grilled salmon and Case had the (spicy) ribs. Then it was off to Baskin Robbins for some World Class Chocolate goodness. The anniversary celebrating has continued with us getting some Abner's chicken the other day, and then having lunch at The Creek Cafe today. Oh how I adore their catfish. No, don't bother putting a menu in front of me -- I'll have the catfish, side salad (Italian dressing) and
the breaded oprah...I mean, okra. And then of course, I'll eat off of Casey's plate. After all, that is yet one more thing that makes marriage so wonderful! Men don't like their wives eating off their plates, but they will just have to accept that it is going to happen. Tonight we will possibly be seeing a movie with friends, and then each of us might still get a mini-gift for the other. After all, we did just buy a house, and shouldn't that be enough?

Updates

Junebug is still sleeping at the top of the stepladder. I took a picture that I might post sometime but I'm not promising -- I don't need that kind of guilt!

My spider bite is almost completely better. It is now much easier for me to stomp on those things without feeling bad about it.

Casey is almost done with our interior painting. I, on the other hand, am still working on memorizing all the buttons for my DVR remote. It's a busy time for us.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...