Tuesday, May 17, 2005

More random...ness

School is out. Summer (vacation) is here. Why do I still look at it that way even though I have been out of school for more than five years?

Is it just me, or is there something just not right about seeing someone more than ten years younger than yourself drive by in their Lexus SUV (with personalized plates) as you putter down the road in your fourteen-year-old paint-peeling (not my fault) -windshield-cracked (my fault) Mazda 323?

My voice is coming back. I don't sound so much like a frog anymore, much to the relief of the people calling our office.

Junebug is the most stubborn cat I have ever known. When she knows she is somewhere she shouldn't be (i.e., our bedroom), she will lie down and get ready to attack anyone who tries to move her.

It is so strange that different paints can look like no color at all until they have been up on the wall for a few minutes, and then ta-da! Color.

People who are trying not to drink coffee should not be allowed to carry an Uptown Coffee card around. It's just not right.

Crunch 'n Munch is cheap, people! I am talking one dollar for a box of sweet, caramel popcorn goodness. You can't beat that. I guess that doesn't matter when one can polish off an entire box of Crunch 'n Munch in one day.

Sarah is now the mother of twin four-year-old boys (not to mention the newborn), and all I can think is, "This is the same woman who let me borrow her chicken costume one night while I checked rooms in a freshmen girls' dorm."

I've been watching a lot of Little House on the Prairie lately. When something inevitably goes wrong, I tell Casey (who is not watching but just walking by), "Don't worry. Charles will fix it." And he does, every single time! That's good TV.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...