Friday, May 20, 2005

Just when I thought I was getting better...

...I realized I was getting worse. How did that happen? Last Saturday my throat was swollen, I felt horrible, etc. Sunday it felt a little better, and that night I lost my voice. Monday it was really gone. Tuesday morning I was like, "Oh, wow, I am doing so much better!" Then that evening came the pain. And by Wednesday morning I knew that something was wrong. Or back. It wasn't good. Turns out I had a sinus infection (so that's why the Tylenol Cold wasn't working!), so I've spent the past two days on the couch with Junebug at my feet most of the time. And when I say "at my feet" I mean that I have the chair reclined and she is on the end of that reclining, so I have to maneuver my feet around her. Hey, it's either that or she's actually where I want to sit. Besides, I liked having her there, constantly sleeping. Always with the sleeping! You would think she does nothing else until you open the front door on a random morning and there is a little mouse on the doormat. Yeah, she does other stuff besides sleep.

In other news, I have recently met a fellow Behcet's Disease sufferer via email! I thought I would do a search at the ABDA (American Behcet's Disease Association) website in the "Stories" section for someone born in the same year as myself. Only one person my age had submitted a story, so of course I had to email her! We have written back and forth a couple of times, and I have to say it is really, really neat to be able to connect with another person my age who knows just what I am dealing with. She has seen far worse than me where symptoms are concerned, and for much longer, so I am encouraged by her story.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...