Tuesday, May 10, 2005

God is patient

You may have already considered this, and I'm sure that I have at some point, but please bear with me anyway. We pray to God and we wait for his answer. Sometimes we wait and wait and wait for an answer...but nothing. Or is it? Have you considered that God might be waiting on you? What I mean (and Casey got me thinking about this today) is that, instead of just expecting to get a definite answer and waiting around for that answer, we could be using this time to grow closer to him. This is more along the lines of what Casey was saying. And I started thinking, wow, there is my answer -- growing closer to God. And in that growing, wouldn't it make more sense that I would become more content not having my answer right away? I think so! This is probably a no-brainer for most, but it's still good to reflect on these things every now and then. We all struggle with waiting and watching for answers, and all the while God is beckoning us ever closer to him.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...