Monday, August 23, 2004

What? No soda?!?

Anyone out there as clumsy as I am? Because I am pretty clumsy. I can't seem to let a day go by without injuring myself in some form or fashion. Granted, it's not ever a big injury, but there are those days. Take Saturday, for instance. I was leaving the house, and we have this big porch with about twelve wooden steps leading up to it. They were still pretty watery from the previous day's rain. I simply walked down a couple of them and next thing I knew I was sliding down the stairs! My shoe had slipped out from under me, and a couple of things in my hand went over the railing. My hands, out of natural reaction, tried to catch my fall. I had an instant fear that I'd broken a wrist, but the pain was not so bad. Just some soreness and some muddy jeans. Whew! Maybe that story doesn't illustrate my clumsiness very well, because anyone's shoe could slip on a wet step, right? Still...I do have my moments. And just today I found a bruise near my knee, and I have no idea where it came from! Ah, the life of a klutz.

Meanwhile, life is so super-busy. School has started up again -- not for me, of course, but I do work on a college campus, so there are just endless streams of students. Really makes the time pass quickly. I do enjoy living in a college town, but of course there are ups and downs anywhere you go.

My husband Casey and I have agreed not to drink any soda for the next two weeks, as of this past Saturday (we actually shook hands in the grocery aisle). The main reason is just to try and get on a somewhat healthier plan. We're certainly not changing everything about the way we eat, but it's a start. We're eating more fruit (I had an apple today!) and I've been drinking decaf coffee for the past several days. Okay, I know coffee is not healthy at all, but you try going straight from regular coffee to nothing! These things take a little time...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...