Monday, September 26, 2011

The question is, will Sting notice I'm not there?

It's no secret: I'm a Sting fan and always will be. I've seen him in concert eight times (two of those times were The Police reunion tour). So of course I was thrilled to find out he'd be going back on tour this fall to celebrate his 25-year solo career. The closest venues I could find are 8-10 hours away, but was that going to stop me? Please.



Tickets went on sale today. Unfortunately, after talking with Casey the other day, I knew it wasn't going to work out. The concert I'd most likely go to is on a Wednesday night -- the one before Thanksgiving break -- and for my campus minister husband, Wednesday night is pretty much his most important night of the week. If it was on a weekend, if Miles was not in school...it could probably work. I would have already printed out my tickets by now, would have found a special place to keep them safe.



A little while ago I checked the availability of the tickets, I suppose just to torture myself. It's a thing I do. Anyway, what I'm hoping might happen is that other venues will be announced next year. After all, The Police did the same thing...went on tour in the fall in North America, then came back the next summer with different venues. That's all I can hope for at this point. If I don't get to go, it will be the first tour I miss since 1996.



I can also hope Casey will decide that missing just one Wednesday won't hurt.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...