Monday, January 26, 2009

Jumping and rolling and tumbling...oh my!

Where has the time gone? We're currently almost one month into 2009, and I feel as though I am running to catch up. Anyone else out of breath? If not, can you wait up for me please?!?

Today I took Miles to his first of a (roughly) three-month gymnastics class. I use the word 'gymnastics' very loosely here, by the way. We're talking about a group of 17-month-olds to 3-year-olds, so...not much more than running and jumping taking place. Miles is what I would call a cautious child. This can be a good thing most of the time (doesn't dart into traffic, doesn't stick his finger into the outlet, etc.). But there are times, like this morning, when I wish he would run in there and join in the fun. He did eventually, so it all worked out. He loved it so much that he didn't want to leave. His favorite thing? Climbing on things and jumping off of them. That seemed to be what the other little boys did, while most of the little girls worked on their balance beam routines. It was all really fun, so I'm glad I signed him up to do this. There aren't a ton of options as far as getting Miles out for some running around during the colder months. This will be helpful to him and to me. We continue our weekly library trip, where they let us check out puppets and make popcorn and crafts, but having one other place to go on the weekdays will hopefully help winter to move on a little more quickly.

A little more than two months from now, my boy will be three years old. Three. Doesn't that sound so much older than two? When I hear 'two-year-old,' there are still images of chubby elbows and knees, lots of big firsts, lots of cuddly moments. But when I hear 'three-year-old,' I just don't know what else to imagine but my little boy growing too fast before my eyes. And I would give examples of things, but I've never had a three-year-old. I'm sure there will still be some cuddly moments and more firsts to experience...I suppose what gets to me is that they will take place with this bigger boy who was not so long ago my tiny, precious baby. (Good grief, will this woman just get over her kid getting older already?!?)

If you're looking for news on the baby front, I'm not giving it to you. It's either because there's nothing to tell, or because it's too early to let you know. Does that infuriate you or what? (Commence evil laughter.) I'll admit I enjoy holding this bit of power in my hands. It's really a matter of sharing, but not sharing too much, and mostly to protect my own fragile self. No, this does not necessarily mean that I'm pregnant and am just not telling you. Maybe I don't even know if I'm pregnant, how about that? Just know that I am praying and praying that I will be someday soon, and in the meantime trying to cling to God and know that his timing is best.

2 comments:

Southern Belles said...

Thanks for the idea! I'm taking Natalie to gymnastics on Thursday to see if she likes it!

tracey said...

Great, let me know how it goes! =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...