Sunday, February 03, 2008

Sunday Seven

I decided to do a Sunday Meme, this one from Sunday Seven (click on the post title for the link).

Reflect on things you're grateful for or meaningful events from the past week

I am incredibly grateful for my health. I don't always act like I am, but in those moments when I am running around with Miles or doing yoga or just cooking a simple meal for my guys...well, there was a time not long ago when I couldn't do any of those things, much less make it up from the bed.

Something meaningful from this week was that my mom and dad got Skype, so we were able to talk to one another (for free, woohoo!) and see each other on our computers. Any of my friends out there want to sign up and talk to me once in a while?

Anticipate upcoming events on your horizon

The closest upcoming thing is our Super Bowl party tonight at the student center. It's usually a big deal, lots of college kids, lots of food -- and a devo at halftime! What, did you think we were heathens or something?

Miles' second birthday is something I'm looking forward to very much. It's so amazing watching him grow and learn. I'm not going to do a big-deal kind of party, but I want to do something special...just not sure what yet. Any ideas?

I mentioned this before, but I am in baby-fever mode these days, so I think about our possible next baby a lot. We're not going to be trying yet for some months, but that doesn't keep me from thinking about holding another baby!

Celebrate steps of progress you've make toward a goal

I'm slowly becoming more organized around the house. I'm definitely getting more little projects finished that were on the back-burner for a long time. Those are definitely worth celebrating. I'm also making a better effort at doing more with Miles rather than just let Baby Einstein or Sesame Street do all the teaching! We have begun listening (during our 'playtime') to more than an hour of classical music on weekdays. I think it really makes a difference in his behavior when that TV isn't going...and going...

Recognize acts of kindness you have observed or performed

I see kind acts going on all around me, every day. Some I tuck back in my mind, most I probably see and think 'how nice' and then move on. This morning one of the girls in my Bible class (1st and 2nd grade) gave me one of her 'Jesus Loves You' badges that she was allowed to give to anyone. She chose me! It was a very sweet moment for me, especially considering that last night was a little tough for me (nothing big, but no details for now).

Request support for the week coming up

I can't think of anything at the moment, but I'll let you know if I do!

Inspire and enlighten -- if new understandings have come your way

It seems that new understandings come my way very often, what with raising a 22-month-old. There are incredible challenges every day. I wouldn't say I've had any great epiphanies this week, but I feel I'm constantly learning over and over how great God's love is for me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...