Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Sani-tastic!

When I am wrong, I go all the way. Not only did I not get sick (so far), but yesterday morning Casey had to come back home not long after he left for work because he was sick. I don't even know if Casey has been ill more than once since we got married, which is the main reason I never saw it coming. And I think, because he gets sick so rarely, this virus hit him hard. I believe a word he used to describe it was 'vicious.' His face was so pale yesterday, all day, that it really worried me just to see him.

I can't tell you how very surreal it was for me, as this person, to be going back and forth between my son and my husband all day, taking care of both and seeing to their needs. I try to do that anyway, but when they are sick on top of everything else, it becomes a sort of battle. Plus, the whole time I was thinking, 'Just get ready, tomorrow will be your day, you'll be the one lying in bed green at the gills...' all the while rubbing sanitizer on my hands like there was no tomorrow. I don't think I've sanitized my hands so much since Miles was a tiny baby.

So did it work? Or is my immune system just getting stronger? I have to keep in mind that I'm probably not out of the woods just yet, and even as I type this my stomach is feeling a little strange. Still, I have to admit that yesterday was one of the most opposite days I could imagine. The only thing I can think that would be closer would be Casey carrying our next child. Now can you see how strange the whole thing was?

1 comment:

Shellie said...

I hope you are still doing okay. Hope Casey gets better soon. I thought about you guys when I heard about all the storms in the South, but it sounds like it was concentrated more in TN.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...