Friday, February 08, 2008

Oh, gus!

As I sit here typing and hearing Miles use more and more new words, I can't help thinking about Jolene talking about her oldest and his 'tongue being loosed' at the age of two. I think Miles is finally on his way to speaking so that we can understand what he is saying. He's been babbling incessantly since he was about four months old, but now -- now we know what is on his mind!

Miles has a long list of single words that he can say, but putting them together in a sentence is what we're really waiting for. I'm not worried about it by any means (not anymore at least), just excited to really communicate with him. I just love seeing him turn the pages of a book, point to an object and tell me its name. Who knew something so simple could be so thrilling? And just a little while ago, he handed me one of his bears and said very plainly, "Der-you-are!"

Probably one of the funniest and cutest things he's been saying for some time now is "Oh, gus!" and we realized that he was copying us when we say, "Oh, goodness!"

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh, gus...I love hearing little guys talking! Isn't it the greatest?! :)

Wait til he starts saying things like, "Mommy, I feel shy of pretty girls but I don't feel shy of you because you're my Mommy."

Hehehe.

tracey said...

I'm guessing one of your guys said that to you? If so...how sweet! Yeah, I'm looking forward to it, but I just don't know if I can take my heart breaking anymore!! =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...