Thursday, February 28, 2008

Been tagged

Lori tagged me, and I found this one interesting. The rules are as follows:

1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people.

One of my favorites to read is the Thrush Green series by Miss Read. If ever you would like to lose yourself in a cozy, quirky, remote English village -- this is the place to be. I recommend not only the regular style of reading, but also listening to them on audio (which is how I first discovered the series). Gwen Watford is the narrator and does a brilliant job with the voices. I just love all of the characters, and I'm currently going back and reading through the series since I have missed several and want to read them all in order. Whenever I want to end the day on a light note, I pick up whichever Thrush Green book is at my bedside and read a chapter or two. It never fails to leave me smiling.

Currently I'm reading Return to Thrush Green, and following is the required excerpt:

Well, whatever the cause, the fact that Isobel was in Thrush Green for a week, wiped out any unhappy feelings. For the next few days she intended to see her old friend as often as her duties would allow. The May sunshine which warmed Thrush Green only increased the inner glow of little Miss Fogerty's heart.

Now I have to tag five friends. I'll choose Jolene, Shellie, Syndi, Andrea and Sally-Anne.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...