Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I've been tagged!

I was tagged by Sally-Anne who apologized for doing so...but I don't mind! (Actually, it gave me a good reason to get back on the blog.)

I'm supposed to share seven random or weird things about myself, and then tag seven other people who are supposed to do the same. Rules are posted at the end. Here goes:

1. I can shake my eyeballs. You've probably seen someone do it. I used to think it was a lot more rare than it is, but I've met tons of people who can also perform this trick. Oh, and sometimes it does it on its own, when I'm reading, and I do not like that.

2. Last summer, for probably a month after Miles was born, my leg hair stopped growing. I had super-smooth legs for what seemed like forever...it would have been awesome had I not been sort of ill at the time.

3. My mom wanted to name me either Cindy or Juliet. Obviously my dad won that one.

4. When I was about 10 years old, I was in love with Kirk Cameron from Growing Pains. I discovered we had the same birthday -- five years apart -- and was sure that this meant we would be together someday. I tried very hard to win a drawing contest for Tang that would put me in a commercial in L.A. From there, I figured meeting him would be simple, and the rest would be history.

5. I wasn't given a middle name when I was born, and growing up I always wanted one. So when I was 18, I represented myself before a judge and paid for my middle name. You can pretty much call yourself whatever you would like, but if you want that name to appear on official documents -- which I did -- you have to pay some money and have a judge sign a form. Just in case anyone's interested.

6. I flipped a three-wheeler when I was 10 (a lot of crazy things happened when I was 10). My family used to ride motorcycles and three-/four-wheelers all the time when I was younger. Anyway, one day I was trying to keep up with my dad on this three-wheeler, and I was going full-throttle in the highest gear, plus I was standing up. When I hit a rut, well, I lost control and the next thing I knew I was on the ground with a big lip and half a front tooth. I was riding again a couple of days later.

7. For some reason I used to choke a lot. When I was -- you guessed it -- 10 years old, I ended up having the Heimlich performed on me a total of three times: once by the science teacher in front of the entire lunchroom at school (pork rinds), once by my dad at home (hamburger meat), and once by a friend at a swimming pool (water...duh). I haven't choked on anything since, but I've come close dozens of times. Seriously.

Okay, here are the rules for tagging:

Link to the person who tagged you and post the rules on your blog.

Share seven random or weird things about yourself.

Tag seven random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs. I will tag Andrea, Sarah, Shellie, Jolene, Erin, Ann, and Brandi...even though some of these haven't posted in a year or more.

Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

6 comments:

Sally-Anne said...

Neat! You're one of only two of my taggees to actually do it, as far as I know.

andrea said...

Aack! Way too technical for me!! How on earth do I do all those link-a-doos??

tracey said...

S-A...I should thank you, because that was the kick I needed to get back to my blog!

Andrea...you crack me up! I sent an email explaining the link-a-doos (or trying, anyway).

Sarah said...

Mmmm

I will TRY to get around to this. :) I feel like I've done it before on my other blog! And I have become less weird lately so I don't know what I'd write. (okay, kidding about the less weird.) I'll let you know if I can come up with 7 things.

Anonymous said...

Ok. I am laughing because I remember your half tooth, and I remember us being totally infatuated with Kirk Cameron. However, you did NOT include me in this plan to go to L.A. and meet him. Devious little girl!
I don't remember the choking though.

tracey said...

Ugh, the half-tooth. I still hate thinking about it, and I actually have another hilarious story about the time I broke it again and temporarily lost it at the zoo.

The choking you may not remember because that was when I was mostly hanging out with Misty and Carla -- they were there at the lunch table, and Misty is the one who did the Heimlich at the pool.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...