Thursday, January 12, 2006

There's a story behind it

Lots of big announcements going on here at Trace Talks lately, huh? And although the introduction of Leaning Tripod Photography was lots of fun for me, this little piece of news holds a much greater place in my heart. Some of you have heard the name and the explanation that goes with the name, so please bear with me as I share yet again.

More than a year ago, when plans for trying for a baby were not even in the works, Casey turned to me out of the blue and said, "I really like the name Miles!" My immediate thought was that I loved it too, even though we had been through names and thought we had the perfect name for our first son. But things change. And because thoughts of babies were in my daily thoughts as it was, I decided to come up with a middle name that would complement Miles. One evening, I experimented with putting the first (shortened) names of both grandfathers together, those names being Ken and Rick. I really thought I was quite brilliant for 'inventing' the name Kendrick, but found out shortly afterward that the name already exists. Still, the basic idea was there, and it does include both grandfathers' names, and we loved it!

Three weeks after we learned we're having a boy, Casey and I wrestled with several favorites, but our hearts came back to the name we loved most, and we decided that we'll name our baby boy Miles Kendrick.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

A beautiful name befitting a precious baby boy. I know the grandfathers are thrilled. we are so happy for you and Casey.

God bless,
Kathy Carson

tracey said...

Thanks Kathy! Hope all is well with the family and your new little girl!

Leah Maria said...

I love it! He will have a great story to tell one day of how he came to have his name.

tracey said...

Thanks Leah! Yeah, I'm thinking he'll like that he has both his grandpas' names in his name. =)

Anonymous said...

I love it! I think it is so neat to have a name with such meaning, and would expect nothing less from you. :)
Love
Joy

Unknown said...

The name is sooo cute. Now I know what to color to get, or I think...

Jackie

Unknown said...

I added a few picts to my blog take a look see.

tracey said...

Aww, Joy, you're so sweet... =)

Thanks Jackie! I'm sure whatever boyish color you find will be a great one. Oh, and I liked the pics. Cute puppy!

Anonymous said...

That's a lovely name. And a lovely story.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...