Saturday, December 31, 2005

One more for the road (end-of-the-year post)

I thought I would go ahead and post one of our ultrasound photos that was taken at 17 weeks. And now I am already past 19 weeks, almost halfway through the pregnancy! In this photo, which was at the very beginning of the ultrasound, you can see the spine and head really nicely. It looked a bit like he didn't have much room in there, but I'm sure he's comfy enough. I have several other photos, but this one was the best for blog viewing.

Along with celebrating my 19-week mark this past Thursday, Casey and I also had what I would consider one of the best moments of the pregnancy by far. I asked Casey if he would like to try once again to feel the baby kicking. It was late at night, and if I lie still on my back the baby will usually begin his moving around. Just after Casey had pressed his hand on my stomach, I felt a jab right in the middle. I looked at Casey and asked, "Did you feel that?" and indeed he had. I was already emotional that evening, and so this beautiful little moment brought quick tears to my eyes and down my cheeks. I am finally getting to really share these moments with Casey, and Lord willing, many more to come.

A HAPPY AND A HEALTHY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...