Tuesday, December 13, 2005

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb." ~Psalm 139:13

Today, for me, is sort of like Christmas Eve. I have an excitement, a nervousness, a giddiness that can't be contained.

Tomorrow morning, Lord willing, we will get a chance to see our little boy or girl squirming and turning and waving and kicking all around. It's something I've thought about every single day since we made the appointment last time, and now that it is this close I find myself thinking about it non-stop. Whereas before it was all about finding out the baby's sex, now it is only about seeing a tiny miracle actually living in and depending on me. No matter how long women have been having babies, this is still something I find hard to wrap my mind around...another human being exists within the being that is ME! Yes, these are the thoughts that swirl around in my head constantly. But I like being in awe of God's work, don't you? I mean, wouldn't it be sad if we were never amazed at what he does? I'm sure that there are people that find it all sort of ho-hum, but I say that I don't want to be there. I want to hold onto that wide-eyed wonder for as long as I live, and I am sure that tomorrow's events will help to carry it on.

7 comments:

Ann said...

my prayers are with you tomorrow! we can spoil him or her either way...

:) ann

Sarah said...

Helllllllloooooo.... we're waiiiiiting......

J said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I know! I know! hehehe

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ said...

We better hear the news SOON! :)

Love the comment James made above! Too cute!

Sarah said...

You're enjoying this, aren't you?!!! Enjoying torturing your poor little friends waiting so patiently.... :)

tracey said...

Just wanted to say that I got rid of James' comment only because he inadvertently revealed the news before I did (although he didn't know it). He knows why, things are cool...just wanted to share that. =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...