Friday, November 04, 2005

MDA Update and Friday's Feast

The lock-up went well. We were all given a very nice, catered lunch and had access to phones in order to call people we knew to bring money and come 'bail us out.' Casey came to visit me, and got to see me get my mug shot taken 'behind bars' -- lots of fun. Only thing is, I still don't know who put my name in!

Time for Friday's Feast. Click on the post title or the link in the sidebar to have a feast of your very own!

Feast Sixty-Eight / Friday, November 04, 2005

Appetizer

What was the last game you purchased?

I am pretty sure it was the Lord of the Rings version of Trivial Pursuit. Bought it for Casey a couple of Christmases ago. Fun stuff, and Casey is really good at it, but the technical questions are out of my league!

Soup

Name something in which you don't believe.

I have to be a little nit-picky here, because I'll hear people say, "I don't believe in such-and-such a thing," when in actual fact, the thing or event or lifestyle exists. Really, I guess I'm just bothered by their choice of words. I would rather hear people say, "I don't agree with such-and-such a thing"...okay, I'll get off my soapbox. Now I have to answer the question! Halloween having just passed, I'll say that I don't believe in hauntings -- haunted houses, that sort of thing.

Salad

If you could choose a television personality to be your boss, who would you pick?

Lorelei Gilmore, because she can have fun, plus I could work on my witty banter.

Main Course

What was a lesson you had to learn the hard way?

People don't like it when you want your own way all the time.
I don't know if my parents had worded it that way to me, but after hearing it come from my own peers (when I was pretty young too) it hit me hard. When you are young and selfish and self-centered, you don't really look bey0nd yourself, and so when others point this out it is quite the eye-opener. Yes, I still have to work on dealing with 'not getting my own way' -- but I think all of us want our own way at one time or another.

Dessert

Describe your idea of the perfect relaxation room.

Bright and full of light...lots of big, comfy pillows. Lots of books, knitting and cross-stitch projects, and one of my favorite classical CD's playing in the background. I think I would like Junebug, my cat, to be there as well because having her sleep near me when I'm on the couch is always a relaxing thing for me. I also like the idea of sheer, flowing curtains, and maybe walls that weren't too busy with wallpaper, but rather had a warm tone to them. And candles, don't forget candles! Can you tell I'm not a natural interior designer?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...