Friday, November 18, 2005

Friday's Feast

Click on the post title or the link in the sidebar to have a feast of your very own!

Feast Seventy / Friday, November 18, 2005

Appetizer

When do you feel impatient?

I will admit, I feel impatient a lot of the time. I guess one of my worst times is when I'm in traffic with bad drivers (and most of the time I tend to think they're all bad drivers).

Salad

How many times in your life have you had a broken heart?

Should I count fifth grade? A boy agreed to be my boyfriend (that's how it went back then) and then at the Skatin' Place that night I saw him sitting and holding hands with another girl. Ouch. But I guess I won't count that. I think it's been about two times -- I've had many more crushes than that, but my heart was really broken only twice.

Soup

Name a book you would like to see made into a movie.

They're actually doing this! There's a book called The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio that I read a couple of years ago and loved, loved, loved it! Then not long ago, I saw Julianne Moore talking about the movie! Click
here for the official site. I'll still answer the question, though. There is an amazing book called Love is a Wild Assault, written by Elithe Hamilton Kirkland. I think the title is taken from a poem, not even in the book, so it's a little misleading. I just couldn't put this book down!

Main Course

If you could thank one teacher for what they taught you, who would it be and what would you thank them for?

I actually have had the honor of being able to do such a thing. My favorite teacher ever was Mrs. Brown in the third grade. She looked like an angel and was just a wonderful, patient person. When I was a freshman in college, I found her number and called her to tell her I had decided to be an elementary teacher (although that changed later on, but I don't think she minded). Then about five or six years later, I called her again in a crisis because she had been through some horrible things in her life and made it through, and I thought she could give some pretty good advice. The amazing thing was, her daughter was living on the campus in my town! We planned a meeting for that May, when her daughter would be moving out, and had lunch together. I made sure to get a picture of the two of us together, and I will cherish it always!

Dessert

What is your favorite kind of pie?

Something tangy, like pink lemonade...but that's the kind of thing that changes for me. Tomorrow it might be Boston Cream!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...