Thursday, October 27, 2005

Pass the saltines, please...and fast!

I am slowly learning that being pregnant means learning what works for you in a given situation. Rather than having 'morning sickness' I have what we'll call 'mid-morning-to-late-night sickness' -- but it doesn't happen every day. In fact, it was better this week than last, and I got a little too comfortable with that. So comfortable, in fact, that when Casey was asking me what I might need snack-wise at work today I told him 'just a granola bar' and to 'take the crackers out of my purse' (yes, I was a bit short with him, and I apologized...I was brushing my teeth at the time and it's a semi-long story, but I'm not a happy camper when I'm brushing my teeth).

I got to work, feeling as though I had maybe slept an hour (when in fact it was more than eight), and as the first and second hours were creeping by I realized that I had made a big mistake: I needed the crackers! Not only that, but every time I even considered the granola bar it was just bad news for my stomach. Fortunately for me, I have the best husband in the world, and while lamenting the saltine-sadness to him over the phone, he offered to bring them to me...a bag of crackers...on his day off. Honestly, I don't know if I would have been so willing to do the same for him, but I'm sure hoping so.

A few minutes later, in walked my hero carrying a ziploc bag filled with dry, salty goodness. My thanks were muffled through the munching, and after five or six of the things I was feeling better. I am finding out more and more during these pregnant times what a great man I married -- he's even going to have lunch ready for me when I get home!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...