Tuesday, September 20, 2005

"...and after you have done everything, to stand..."

For our struggle is NOT against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. ~Ephesians 6:12

Behcet's has been a big monster for the past week, seemingly overshadowing my highs and lows...seemingly taking away my ability to control my emotions. I have been angry, not fearful, of this monster that is actually a glitch in my own immune system.

For our struggle is NOT against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. ~Ephesians 6:12

I have been directing my anger at the wrong source. My anger should not be aimed at the weakness in my body, because we all have weaknesses in our bodies in one form or another. My weakness is not yours, nor your weakness mine. But when my faith becomes weak, my temper short, my tongue quick to speak harsh words...this is not my disease. This is evil doing its best work -- the lion prowling, the snake deceiving. I am in need of my armor.

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. ~Ephesians 6:13-18

4 comments:

Casey said...

Great thoughts, Trace. I loved your sentence, "I am in need of my armor." So honest and vulnerable.
Love,
case

Lori said...

Oh, Tracey! On one hand,I am so sorry you are having to battle this awful disease! On the other hand, I know that God will get the glory because of the wonderful truths you are learning about Him. I will be praying extra for you this week. Thanks for letting us know what is going on so we can help lift your tired arms up during this time.

Your friend,

Lori

Sarah said...

I don't know what to say... except I'm praying for you! I appreciate your spirit and determinedness to overcome this. Have you given the diet thing any more thought?

Sarah

tracey said...

Thanks to Case, Lori and Sarah! Prayers are so appreciated.

About the diet thing, Sarah...hmm. I suppose I have thought about it, just so much going on, but I am working at least toward a more healthy diet. =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...