Monday, July 18, 2005

Mmm...wedding cake

First of all, a big thanks to Sarah and Ann for getting the ball rolling on my portrait request (read my 'Looking for a Few Willing Faces' post). I did a little more self-portraiture this weekend, but it's tough capturing the expressions that I want when it's my old mug I'm looking at. I had some okay stuff, but in the end I was just making silly faces at the camera out of boredom, I suppose.

Saturday was a wonderful day, being that it was John and Brandi's wedding day. Ah, love. So wonderful. Oh, and did I mention that it was Casey's first time to perform a wedding ceremony? He did very well, no slip-ups at all! I'm sure he experienced a bit of nervousness, but he hides it well. Last night I looked over the pictures I had taken at the rehearsal, wedding and reception (and yes, Brigitte, I still like the doorknob shot!) and was amazed at how many pictures I actually took. I think it was close to 300. Yeah, and I was not even the official photographer! I'm sure some people were wondering 'what in the world is that woman doing taking so many pictures,' but really, the camera had a mind of its own. I just let it tell me where to go and then I push the little button. It was fun capturing different expressions from the bride (she'll laugh about it later), and one of my favorites was getting a picture of about five or six family members behind the wedding photographer holding up their own cameras as the couple cut the cake. Priceless.

Happy Monday to all!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey Tracey, I actually have pictures of you being the official photographer at my wedding. I thought you would find that amusing. :)

So, when are you going to post those self portraits...I went straight to your photoblog to see but there was nothing new there yet...I wanna seeeeeeeee...

tracey said...

Ooh, Sarah, I don't know if I'd want to see those pictures of me being your photographer! It is funny, though. Oh, about the self-portraits...maybe I'll post one tonight but not sure. I probably will choose one that doesn't show my whole face -- those are my favorites. =)

Thanks, Dave, for doing the questions! I'm off to see them right now. Sorry for giving you a hard time. =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...