Monday, July 18, 2005

Mmm...wedding cake

First of all, a big thanks to Sarah and Ann for getting the ball rolling on my portrait request (read my 'Looking for a Few Willing Faces' post). I did a little more self-portraiture this weekend, but it's tough capturing the expressions that I want when it's my old mug I'm looking at. I had some okay stuff, but in the end I was just making silly faces at the camera out of boredom, I suppose.

Saturday was a wonderful day, being that it was John and Brandi's wedding day. Ah, love. So wonderful. Oh, and did I mention that it was Casey's first time to perform a wedding ceremony? He did very well, no slip-ups at all! I'm sure he experienced a bit of nervousness, but he hides it well. Last night I looked over the pictures I had taken at the rehearsal, wedding and reception (and yes, Brigitte, I still like the doorknob shot!) and was amazed at how many pictures I actually took. I think it was close to 300. Yeah, and I was not even the official photographer! I'm sure some people were wondering 'what in the world is that woman doing taking so many pictures,' but really, the camera had a mind of its own. I just let it tell me where to go and then I push the little button. It was fun capturing different expressions from the bride (she'll laugh about it later), and one of my favorites was getting a picture of about five or six family members behind the wedding photographer holding up their own cameras as the couple cut the cake. Priceless.

Happy Monday to all!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey Tracey, I actually have pictures of you being the official photographer at my wedding. I thought you would find that amusing. :)

So, when are you going to post those self portraits...I went straight to your photoblog to see but there was nothing new there yet...I wanna seeeeeeeee...

Old and Busted said...

well, tracey, I finally responded to your bloggerview questions. Just below that are my answers for Ann's questions. Everyone go check it out! www.retirementhome.blogspot.com. Oh yeah...the wedding was cool.

tracey said...

Ooh, Sarah, I don't know if I'd want to see those pictures of me being your photographer! It is funny, though. Oh, about the self-portraits...maybe I'll post one tonight but not sure. I probably will choose one that doesn't show my whole face -- those are my favorites. =)

Thanks, Dave, for doing the questions! I'm off to see them right now. Sorry for giving you a hard time. =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...