Tuesday, June 07, 2005

That Miss Muffet, she was a clever gal

I completely forgot to tell about my Moving Day spider bite! Well, at least that's what we're assuming because I didn't actually see what bit me, so it couldn't have been a big spider. All I remember is a little stinging on my shoulder, so normally I slapped at whatever it was and never gave it a second thought. That is until about a day later, when the same area was red and hot and very tender to the touch. I was like, "Should I worry about this?" and Casey would go, "Nah..." A couple of days later, a bruise formed right near the bite area. Weird! But we still didn't do anything about it. I started putting hydrocortisone on it because it had begun to itch, but that was about it. Anyway, it's just a little spider venom in the ol' shoulder -- yes, the same shoulder that I've had physical therapy on. What is it with this shoulder? So, a week after "the bite" all I'm dealing with is a rashy looking shoulder and still a bit of soreness. Hey, I just checked, and the bruise is almost gone. Woohoo! And I realize that the spider did frighten her away, but still...she got away, didn't she?

I know, I know that I have not posted any photos, neither here nor on the photoblog. Please be patient with me, as I rummage through boxes to find the camera things. Okay, I really don't have to do that because I have all of that readily available. I just keep forgetting to do it! I want to post the baby bird stuff plus the house stuff. So, I am thinking about it, only when I do I am either at work or about to fall asleep (no, not at work!). I'll get there.

And now for something completely different. I will give my dad credit here since he sent this to me. A friend of his sent it to him, etc. so I really have no idea who to cite for this. All I know is that I enjoy the very humorous wit and wanted to share, so here goes.

Pilots v. Mechanics

After every flight, most pilots fill out a form called a "snag sheet," which tells mechanics about problems with the aircraft. The mechanics correct the problems; document their repairs on the form, and then pilots review the snag sheets before the next flight. Never let it be said that ground crews lack a sense of humor. Here are some actual maintenance complaints submitted by pilots (marked with a P) and the solutions recorded (marked with an S) by maintenance engineers.

P: Left inside main tire almost needs replacement.
S: Almost replaced left inside main tire.

P: Test flight OK, except auto-land very rough.
S: Auto-land not installed on this aircraft.

P: Something loose in cockpit.
S: Something tightened in cockpit.

P: Dead bugs on windshield.
S: Live bugs on back-order.

P: Autopilot in altitude-hold mode produces a 200 feet per minute descent.
S: Cannot reproduce problem on ground.

P: Evidence of leak on right main landing gear.
S: Evidence removed.

P: DME volume unbelievably loud.
S: DME volume set to more believable level.

P: Friction locks cause throttle levers to stick.
S: That's what they're for.

P: IFF inoperative.
S: IFF always inoperative in OFF mode.

P: Suspected crack in windshield.
S: Suspect you're right.

P: Number 3 engine missing.
S: Engine found on right wing after brief search.

P: Aircraft handles funny.
S: Aircraft warned to straighten up, fly right, and be serious.

P: Target radar hums.
S: Reprogrammed target radar with lyrics.

P: Mouse in cockpit.
S: Cat installed.

And the best one for last...

P: Noise coming from under instrument panel. Sounds like a midget pounding on something with a hammer.
S: Took hammer away from midget.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...