Monday, June 20, 2005

A post in which I use the term "dude" much too often

I finally saw Episode III on Friday! Dude. Casey had seen it in Argentina on the day it premiered, but of course he was more than willing to see it again. We went with Nathan and Carla, our new Friday night movie buddies. I wasn't sure how much I would like the movie. I mean, I am a Star Wars fan, but not a STAR WARS FAN, if you know what I mean. But I like the movies a lot and I wanted to tie it all together -- plus, this is one of those movies you have to see in the theater. Otherwise, is there really a point? No, don't argue with me, you know I'm right! Anyway, I must have been channeling a fifteen-year-old boy or something, because every time something big happened, I would turn to Casey and say, "Dude." It's the only word I could utter pretty much the entire time. I said it when Anakin started getting really evil, I said it when Yoda would use the force in a really cool way, and I especially said it when Darth Vader's helmet was in place and he took that first breath. Except that time I was like, "Duuuuuuuuuuuude." Honestly, I'm not sure what it is, but there are those movies in which the villain is just so villainous that I find myself thinking he is...I don't know, cool. I sort of admitted this to Nathan and Carla, and I think they thought the light must be off upstairs. But you know that if Darth Vader was really, really yucky and squirrely, like Captain Grievous or something, you would not want to watch him, am I right? George made him cool on purpose. He is just some kind of cool. And so when I see the Vader again in the theater I will continue -- if you don't mind -- to whisper under my breath, "Duuuuuuuuuude."

Edited later to add: Sally-Anne has corrected both my spelling of Grievous and his title. Should be General. So...oops.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...