Thursday, June 23, 2005

It's not easy being green

I've given Trace Talks a mini-makeover. I cannot figure out how to get rid of that little extra bit of green...so I just made it work with the other colors. Sigh. (Update: Obviously I did figure out how to get rid of the green -- woohoo! If you are wanting to research color palettes, I went to ColorMatch 5K.)

I don't know if you've noticed, but a lot of my latest posts have been about superficial, surfacey things. I know I don't usually get really deep (in the blog), but I have my moments. Anyway, I think what has happened is that in the past week I have done a lot of thinking and examining of self in respect to my attitude and my relationship with God. A lot of thinking. And I suppose that, because I am in such deep and serious thought in my mind, I have been using Trace Talks as an outlet, as a way to keep things light. Probably if I was sharing all of the deepness here I would be walking around shouting battle cries or something, so I think it's better this way. Another example of this involves my chronic illness and the pain that accompanies it. I have noticed that in times of pain -- not severe pain, mind you -- I have a tendency to make more jokes. The same is true for emotional pain. People have thought I was very joyful when I was going through the lowest moments in my life -- seriously. Strange, isn't it? That hasn't been the case in a long time, but Casey does notice me joking more when I have stomach or joint pain. It's like I'm trying to distract myself: "Hey, look over here, look over here! No, there's no pain, silly, look at the pretty lights!" Is this something that God instills in us, some kind of survival technique? Not sure, but I would love to hear circumstances similar to mine if you would be willing to share them!

Update #2: Unfortunately, I did something to my template when I changed up some colors and got rid of some borders, because now the Archives and Previous Posts links do not do what they should. I've contacted Blogger.com for help, so hopefully they can do just that!

Update #3: Woohoo! Whatever I did, or whatever Blogger did, has worked! The links now work and I am feelin' fine. Thanks Blogger!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...