Monday, May 23, 2005

The garbagemen are laughing at me

I didn't bring in the garbage can last night (it's not really a "can", but I can't think of the word at the moment). And so I didn't put anything in it to take back out there this morning. When I heard the garbage truck rolling along, then stopping, I imagined those men getting ready to heave this thing over their heads and empty its contents. They probably almost threw the whole thing in, it being so light and all. I imagined them wondering, "Who puts an empty garbage can out?" (not really "can" but that other misplaced word...am I that old already?) and then laughing. Oh, the laughing. I didn't actually hear any laughing because our house is not all that near the road, but I imagined the laughing. And I wanted to peer out the window to see what was happening, but I just didn't want to see them laughing at me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...