Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Here They Come...

I work on a university campus, in the law school, and today is the beginning of orientation. I have been forewarned as to what I should expect, but I don't think anything can quite prepare you for this. I started this job in June, so it's been nice and quiet up until now. This is a small town we live in -- approx. population 12,000 -- where the students double the population. All the cars and the people appear, for those of us who are not yet adjusted, to be in complete chaos. Well, okay, maybe it's not that bad. But it's not great!All that aside, the beginning of a new school year is still exciting to me, even though I finished my degree over four years ago. There's so much anticipation, and you can see new relationships forming. Working on a campus allows me to do a lot of people-watching without having to deal with the stress of classes and homework. But looking back, I remember how very new everything seemed my freshman year of college. We were silly, of course, and laughed all the time. Lots of fun.

I'd still rather just watch from the sidelines.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...