Saturday, June 30, 2012

Prepared? Yes. Ready? Hmm...

It's a familiar theme in my life, but lately the 'I-have-so-much-to-get-done' refrain plays ever louder in my head. If all goes according to plan, I have 10 weeks and 5 days (my 38-week mark) to do those things...but one must keep in mind that dreaded unexpectedness. After all, my first child did arrive six weeks early, and I was not ready.

My constant reminders to 'get this done, get that done' mostly come in the form of little feet in my ribs, tiny hiccups from two growing wonders, and those exploring knees and fingers that feel so funny and amazing. I can still move around fairly well, but I'm noticing my limitations more and more (shoe-tying and toenail-painting come to mind).

I won't get everything done. I'll have the essentials ready, I know that, but that list in my head of hundreds of tiny things will not be fully finished and I just have to live with that. Priorities must rule, and those include the health and wellbeing of me and my family and our precious relationships and time together before it all changes.

Because it's all going to change in the blink of two little pairs of eyes.

3 comments:

David said...

Great post! Love the reminder to be at peace with all we can never get done to reach the ideal, and focus instead on what will still matter after the transition has occurred.

tracey said...

Thanks David! I'm honored to know that you're reading my blog -- really! Hope you and yours are doing well! :)

Unknown said...

Tracey - Can't wait to see them either. we all hope and pray for health in all three of you. I know Miles is getting excited too huh

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...