Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Life That I Have by Leo Marks

I am a sentimental fool. There, I said it. I have been writing poetry since I was eight years old, although I haven't written too many poems. I probably enjoy writing prose-type things more, or just on the blog, but lyrics and poetry can touch me deeply.

I found this poem yesterday and wanted to share it. Maybe it's very well-known, I'm not sure, but in my opinion it is breathtaking. It shares what I feel about Casey, but at the same time I feel it is very much a praise or renewing of that sacred covenant with God. Everyone will take something a little different from it, that's just mine.


_______________________________________
 
The Life That I Have by Leo Marks

The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours

The love that I have
Of the life that I have
Is yours and yours and yours.

A sleep I shall have
A rest I shall have
Yet death will be but a pause
For the peace of my years
In the long green grass
Will be yours and yours and yours.
 _______________________________________

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...