Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Finding Our Way Home

Not long ago, Miles and I had been out running errands and were on the drive back to the house. We don't live in a very big place, and so he's taken notice of our surroundings and is already learning where we are and if we should turn left or right at certain intersections. But being a child, he still wants to be reassured that his guesses are correct. On this particular trip, however, the wording of his question went right to my heart and it felt like God was -- once again -- helping me to see the world through the eyes of my child.

Miles simply asked, "Mama, is this the way home?" but when he said the word 'home,' it sounded different somehow. It sounded beautiful, and it made me think of heaven.

I thought to myself, This is what God means when he says we should be like a child! I should be asking, "Father, is this the way Home? Should I go right or left? What should I do in this situation?" And it needs to be like this every day, every hour. I am supposed to look to Him for my needs, my direction.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding."  ~ Proverbs 3:5

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...