Saturday, November 07, 2009

Arrrrr...And All That Stuff

It's a week late, but I'm posting a couple of pictures of my little Halloween pirate. This year was our first try at trick-or-treating with Miles. We were smart enough to go along with some friends who have two kids a bit older than him, so seeing what they were doing helped Miles get into it more quickly. I knew he'd be shy about it, like I had been as a child. I also knew that, like me, he would do what it took to get that candy.

One of the best things about being a parent is watching your child experience something for the first time and begin to grasp what's really going on. We would visit one house where Miles would say, "Trick or treat!" and get a handful of candy, and only seconds later he was asking me, "We're getting more candy, Mama?" He also wanted to eat the candy right there on the porch, but I had to lead him back down the sidewalk to his wagon each time so we weren't blocking the next kid waiting in line.

I went up to every house with him (Casey stayed with the wagon), and at one house the man asked, "And what are you?" Miles' response was simple and honest: "I'm Miles!" Kind of like, Duh...isn't it obvious? We laughed a lot that night, but we were also extremely tired by the end. All in all, I would say it was a successful Halloween.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...