Monday, October 19, 2009

Even Though

I read some verses in Habakkuk yesterday morning that I wanted to share. Especially in times like these, I want to absorb God's promises into my skin and let them flow all through me.
Even though the fig trees have no blossoms, and there are no grapes on the vine; even though the olive crop fails, and the fields lie empty and barren; even though the flocks die in the fields, and the cattle barns are empty, yet I will rejoice in the Lord! I will be joyful in the God of my salvation. The Sovereign Lord is my strength! He will make me as surefooted as a deer and bring me safely over the mountains. ~Habakkuk 3:17-19

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tracey,

I've been gone all weekend and have just gotten a minute to check in. You know I've been praying for you and your whole family...prayers for peace and prayers for strength and prayers for safety! As someone who has known that longing (except for a different thing), I know it's not an easy road trusting in Him. BUT I have faith and am confident it is a powerful one...and a good one. I'll keep praying, and please know I'm here if you need anything. God will bring the peace He's promised!!!

LOVE,
Laura

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...