Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Caterpillars and Stars

Casey did, in fact, distract Miles long enough for me to put in the new bedding and curtains. I say 'distract,' but all that involved was Miles watching one of his favorite shows while Casey rode the stationary bike nearby. Miles really had no idea I was even in his room until I came out!

The Very Hungry Caterpillar bedding and curtains are...wow. They are fun, bright, colorful, and Miles had a great time pointing out all of the foods the caterpillar ate that decorated his sheets. "Mama, here's a lollipop! Here's ice cream! There's an apple!" and so on. He wanted to go to bed right away, and got under the covers. Yeah, that didn't last long.

And before bedtime yesterday, I put up some -- not all (because there are 150!) -- of Miles' glow-in-the-dark stars on his wall, near the ceiling. They didn't want to stick on the popcorn ceiling stuff...boo. But I made it work where it is, and Miles really loved it. I did too! We turned off the lights and sang 'Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star' as we gazed at the wall.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's so cute, I cannot believe that he is three already!!! I always loved Hungary Caterpillar too. It was always the most wanted read for the kids at the library as well (they "read" it to me most of the time). Hope all is well - Jackie

Sally-Anne said...

OK, I'll be requiring a photo or two of this caterpillar room!

tracey said...

Thanks Jackie! Yeah, hard to believe he'll be three in just a couple of days now.

S-A...I know, I know. :) I'll probably post a ton of pics on or near his birthday (April 13).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...