Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Meditating on editating...er, editing

Emotions -- the frustrated kind -- have been directed at my iMac most of today. Did I mention this is a new iMac? The really snazzy kind with all the bells and whistles? Yeah.

Anyway, I am working on the latest Free Hugs footage in iMovie. There is a lot of footage, by the way, so I am most likely looking at several edited drafts and I'm currently only just finished with draft one. The problem that keeps coming up is one with iTunes, but I think I finally have it (semi-)solved. We'll see what the future holds, but for now at least I've made it over that teeny tiny hump...(rolls eyes heavenward as she types this).

We like to think that our devices/appliances/computers/etc. will be reliable, especially the newer ones. But they're not. Nothing and no one on this earth, in this life, is 100% reliable but God. Did you see this turning into a sermon post? Me neither. Seriously though, it's true. I have been trying and trying to get this done, and I leave it and I come back, and a few more hairs get pulled from my head. And this isn't even for me! I am doing for the campus ministry, trying to reach out a little further...and just knowing that I'm doing this for God's glory makes me want to work at it that much more. Okay, everything I do is -- or should be -- for the glory of God. There's a whole other sermon post in there, I'm sure of it.

On to happier things: As of last night, two baby birds have hatched! I got to take a look after supper yesterday evening, and there they were, so very tiny. I could barely make out their breathing, and I could see one egg still lying next to its two siblings. And Casey noticed that there are actually some eggs in the porch-eaves nest, so now we have two sets of hatchlings to watch over! Miles, ever the observant child, makes sure we know where the bird poop is located on the porch, telling us "Poo-poo!" and pointing every single time he is near it.

2 comments:

Sally-Anne said...

Awaiting baby bird pics!

tracey said...

Never letting me rest, huh Sally-Anne? =)

After you wrote this, I actually went and took some pics of the babies, so hopefully they'll be up at some point...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...