Thursday, October 13, 2005

Sniffle while you work

I can't thank my family and friends enough for all of the e-cards, paper cards, phone calls, birthday wishes and gifts I received yesterday! My 30-year-old heart was full and even overflowing with so many blessings. I know that there were also many at last night's Bible study who passed messages (and hugs!) on to me through Casey. It was a letdown for me to be absent from fellowshipping with those awesome college students, but I know that you understand my need for rest. And unfortunately, I also woke up with the beginnings of a cold yesterday morning (don't my nose and throat know they're supposed to behave on my birthday?). Today it persists, and my body continues to beg for more rest. Where will I find it? I look to Jesus, and in his love I will find rest and comfort. I may continue to cough and sniffle throughout the next few days, but my heart will smile at the knowledge of so many blessings for which I continue to be thankful.

4 comments:

Ruth said...

Happy birthday you guys.. thought of you both on your days.

I wanted to pass a long a little "nanny-nanny-boo=boo" I just got finished visiting with Amy and Chad.. got to hold little Noah.. They are the same old Chad and Amy and it was great to see them! we talked about you .. of course! ..

Hope you are feeling better today.. I better go.. Nathan is saying" moma.. what does it say...dddddaaaannnngggggrrrrrr... sounding it out of course.. I think it is danger.. but have to go read it >) .. take care!
come to abilene.. tomorrow is homecoming.. parade at 9.. i think on saturday.. :)

Love and miss
R

tracey said...

Okay, I'm jealous that you got to hold Noah! I need to call Amy...

Sarah said...

I'm sorry you're not feeling good
:( Gets lots of rest, pamper yourself a little!

Happy belated :)

tracey said...

Thanks Sarah...these colds can drag on, but I'm hoping I nipped it in the bud! =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...