Friday, September 23, 2005

Friday's Feast

Click on the post title or on the sidebar link to have a feast of your very own!

Feast Sixty-Three / Friday, September 23, 2005

Appetizer

Name something someone has done lately that impressed you.

In view of the recent hurricane tragedy, I have seen many people doing many things that impress me. Yes, Oprah gave $10 million of her own dollars, and that is wonderful, but even the smallest deeds are just as great. I am proud of the students in our campus ministry, and their dedication in visiting the coast next weekend to help in any way they can.

Soup

Do you have any relaxing rituals? If so, what are they?

When I am driving alone in the car, I sing. I have a list of rotating songs that I sing (and no, I won't tell you what they are) at the top of my voice. Singing gives me a center and a calming. It is difficult for me to sing in front of most people, but I do okay with Casey and with Junebug, the cat (she likes to hear "Roxanne").

Salad

If you could spend the winter season somewhere other than your current location, where would you choose to stay?

Phoenix has really nice winter weather, but I would rather be somewhere with water, so I'll say Hawaii.

Main Course

When was the last time you had dinner out, and what was the name of the restaurant?

Oh, I just blogged about this! Casey and I went to Chili's for our four-year dating anniversary.

Dessert

If you had a boat, what would you name it?

The S.S. Grace

3 comments:

Sarah said...

You simply cannot tell people that you sing a list of rotating songs when driving alone, then refuse to share them. It's not a nice thing to do.

Shellie said...

Singing in the car is one of my favorite things to do to relax, especially when I am driving by myself on long trips. And no one gets annoyed at my singing or when I whistle during the instrumental parts.

tracey said...

Sorry, Sarah -- no sharing! Okay, I'll give you something. I usually like to sing some Aretha Franklin. You would think I would say Sting, but when I really need to let loose, I need something that I can sing very heartily, and Sting's music is more calm and mellow. Aretha's stuff is very challenging and just makes me feel more alive singing it! =)

Shellie, you make me laugh!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...