Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Simply charming!

Hello,

I am Tracey's mom. I've never blogged before so I'm a little nervous, but at the same time, feel honored to be a guest blogger today. I have no idea if Trace has shared this story, but it's a funny one, and we have laughed about it over and over when looking back. Years ago, she gave me a little gold drill and a charm that I wore in my nail. It was the fashion then and really cute. The little drill would make a neat hole in the nail and you just slipped the charm in and it hung there, off your finger, for everyone to see and comment on. One morning, I got ready for work, and noticed the charm had gone. I rushed into Trace's bedroom, and shouted her name in a frantic voice. She sat up out of a dead sleep with a glazed look in her eyes. I said, "Trace, I've lost my charm!" She looked at me and fell back down again. Only when I got to work, did I realize how crazy that statement must have sounded to her. I think I really had lost my charm at that moment. And I never got it back. I just wanted to say a few words about Trace. She is a beautiful young Christian woman, with great faith. I am so proud to be her mom and feel so blessed to have her as a daughter. Thanks for letting me share.

Penny

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job mom! When Ruth was the RD for Nelson, I think I saw Tracey lose her charm once or twice. Would have been great to know that story then. I could have looked at her with great concern and said "Tracey have you lost your charm?" I know she would have just rolled her eyes at me, but then again that would have been the intended effect. Hope you had a great trip Tracey!

Joel

Sarah said...

Hahaha, this was a great story! :)

tracey said...

Yeah, this is one of my favorite funny stories about my mom. Oh, and at the end there...she was being really nice. I didn't tell her to say those things, promise!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...