Friday, May 06, 2005

Banquet fun

Last night was our spring banquet and what a great time it was! I don't think I could pick a favorite part, because all of it was so much fun. Soko has proved himself to be an excellent game show host and...Broadway star. Dave and Sean got some really huge laughs. Well, okay, everyone playing the game got laughs. And for those not there, I have to share this one: Lauren was asked, "If Lucas was any character in the Bible, who do you think he would be?" (and Lauren is answering based on what she thinks Lucas would say). Lauren said "Noah -- because he likes boats." It was funnier last night, I promise.

The awards came later, and when Casey was handing out the senior gifts I started getting pretty emotional. I don't want to see any of them go, and some that won't be coming back are only just finishing up their freshman year! I know there will always be new faces, but I will never forget the ones I know now. I guess one of the best parts of last night came when it was time to go -- almost mine and Casey's bedtime, actually -- and Cheese and Jeremy approached me and asked, "Can Casey come and play ping pong?" like I was the mom or something. The story here is that lately there has been this sort of doubles ping pong craze between Dave, Cheese, Jeremy and Casey. I have heard that it is quite a hilarious spectacle, but it being so late I was tempted to say, "No way, we are going home!" Then the guys pointed to Casey, who was making a sad face, and asked, "Can you really say no to that face?" I said I really couldn't, and we were off to the UCSC...after ten o'clock at night!! But all in all, it was a great time, and I am glad I didn't miss it. Jill and I chatted while watching the three games, and she was sweet enough to bring me a blanket to keep me warm while we sat on the "sidelines."

The whole evening was wonderful, from magical start to hilarious end! Click here to read Casey's "Things to remember about banquet" post.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...