Thursday, March 03, 2005

No knitting news is...no news (let's face it, even knitting news is still no news)

Really. You would think that after going on and on about how pretty my new yarns are that I would be halfway done with the scarf. But then on Tuesday evening I discovered that I don't even have the right-sized needles for the job! I have sizes 4, 6, 8, 10 and 13...but no size 11. Shameful. But don't worry, I bought some last night and actually cast on 13 stitches. Now don't get excited -- I'm only checking the gauge first, and then I'll start the actual project. But I have learned that knitting with two yarns together is not so hard, so yay!

If you don't know what I'm talking about, this next sentence will sound weird: I missed my Unkymoods! For those of you not in the know, take a look at my sidebar above my Weather Pixie and you'll get it pretty quick. Where did Unkymoods go? Not sure. All I know is, they were there one day and gone the next. And now they're back, woohoo! The phrase that keeps running through my head is a quote from housekeeper Verbena in the original Parent Trap (hate that I have to say "original" -- why remake something that's already perfect?): "You didn't know what you had 'til you had it!" But really, shouldn't she have said, "...'til you didn't have it"? But then it wouldn't have sounded so funny I suppose. Hey folks, for those of you who don't know me all that well, I know you are thinking that I am jumping all over the place here, but this is truly how my thoughts tend to run. Lots of tangents. I have been trying to be a good and articulate blogger, but let's face it, that isn't always going to happen.

On the "house" front, Casey and I have officially signed papers (my signature is not so pretty) and will, Lord willing, close at the end of April. God continues to bless us in so many, many ways.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...