Monday, February 07, 2005

Satan is real, but God is still victorious

I came upon a blog today that is basically a contest to win a person's soul to religion -- any religion. I considered posting the link here, but I don't really want to look at it again, and I don't want anyone else feeling the way I do right now, which is...sad? I don't know. Disgusted is probably closer to the truth. I honestly do not know what brings a person to the point where they say, "Hey, I'm an atheist, and I think I'll start a contest offering $1,000 to anyone who can convince me to be a believer in any supernatural being." Although, reading the rules, you find that there will not be a winner -- this person just wants to intelligently and politely argue religion and politics. And she is very intelligent, no doubt, but reading her arguments I realize that she is not looking for religion or God, but seems to want to show just how smart she is. Point taken, Ms. Atheist. But my heart aches, because I believe that our God, our loving and merciful God, loves this woman and died for her, and she is throwing it away. I'm no better than her, I know that, but I am different than her in that I believe in the God who loves me in spite of all I've done, and who saved me from my sins. Please know today that God loves you and wants you to know him!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...