Monday, April 07, 2008

The time...it flies

Here I sit with my almost-midnight snack: warm milk and chocolate chip cookies. Yum.

I couldn't let the day go by without mentioning an anniversary of sorts. I should have mentioned it two days ago, but as I was very busy with Miles while Casey was away it slipped my mind.

Two years ago today, I took a very painful and seemingly endless ambulance ride to a hospital over an hour away because a doctor thought that Miles might need to be delivered early. My appendix had been ruled out and the fear was that I might have an infection in my uterus, which would be very dangerous for a baby. By this time that night, the infection had been ruled out, and although I continued having horrible Braxton Hicks contractions, I was convinced that I would be going home within a few short days...

...and you know the rest of the story, but Miles was born less than a week later in that hospital.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...