In 2008, I learned...
- So many things. I don't think I'll be able to list them all. Especially since I've waited until the last half-hour of the year to list them. Doh!
- Two-year-olds come up with a lot of interesting things to say.
- Two-and-a-half-year-olds...even better stuff.
- ...to be more open-minded. It's been a slow process and still continues. I just wish I'd started the process sooner.
- I'm seriously tired of hearing about 'Brangelina.' Enough is enough, people!
- Casey and I are actually able to read seven books out loud together. We just finished the Harry Potter series last night. I'd read it, he hadn't. It was fun reliving it all through his eyes.
- Getting a new camera for Christmas made me feel like a kid again.
- Sharing my ups and downs of trying to have another baby wasn't the big deal I thought it would be. I actually feel so much better having done that!
- ...that I have got to stop procrastinating with projects! Yes, I can get them done in one day if I have to, but do I want to?
- It is so nice to have my sister living a lot closer. I wish all of my family was closer, but maybe we'll get there in time. Mom, Dad, Russ, Trev...ready to pack your bags anytime soon?
- There are some not-so-great doctors out there...but there are some really awesome ones as well, and I just happened to have the best and most generous surgeon on my side for the past two years. Thanks, Dr. B.
- When making a couple dozen pumpkin breads to give out to folks at the holidays, check your ingredients twice!
- A good belly laugh from Miles is all I need to cure my blues (I probably learned that before this year, but we've been laughing a lot lately).
- Casey is one in a billion...no, trillion. Either way, there are not many words to express how I feel about that man. He has weathered storms with me that some might not, and we are closer for it. I will kiss him at midnight tonight and feel blessed that we are heading into another year together.
- ...that I have so much more to learn. So much. Maybe I'll have a bigger list next year.
Wishing you all a very happy and healthy new year!